School Age Program Reading/Math Tutor
The Penacook Community Center is looking for a volunteer reading/math tutor to join our licensed plus after school program and work with children ages 6-12 during the hours of 3:30 to 5:30 Monday – Friday (Days are flexible).
The right individual for this position will:
1) love working with and being around school age children (grades 1-6)
2) be creative and able to lead reading and math activities including age appropriate:
• reading and math homework help
• extended reading activities
• reading club – group reading & follow up activities
• extended math activities
3) be fair, patient, and even-tempered
4) be able to maintain the standards of behavior set by the program through positive reinforcement strategies.
5) be a team player; assist with daily set-up and clean up of activity areas.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma, and experience working with school age children a plus.
State Police background check including fingerprinting prior to first day of volunteer position
*Works under the supervision of the School Age Program Director